Stroll the entire length of NYC’s incredibly beautiful “Park In The Sky”
Tour Highlights Include:
- 2-hour guided walking tour of the entire 1.45 mi. (2.33 km) High Line Park – 30 feet above street level.
- Insider “Secrets” of the High Line & surrounding neighborhoods.
- Visit Chelsea Market, former home of Nabisco (largest bakery in the world) & birthplace of the Oreo Cookie.
- Learn the captivating history of a once seedy area turned chic and trendy.
- Tour spans West Village, West Chelsea & Hell’s Kitchen neighborhoods.
- Great photo opportunities!!!
- Relaxed, fun tour with an informative, entertaining, licensed, local NY tour guide.
The High Line is a repurposed, elevated train trestle originally built for the former New York Central Railroad, a once important freight line along Manhattan’s previously industrial West Side. Eventually abandoned and slated for demolition, it would be spared and transformed into the glorious High Line Park!
Today, this oasis provides visitors with stunning city views from a uniquely different perspective. Stroll this enchanting garden wonderland amid vibrant perennials, shrubs, trees and grasses while passing through the park’s themed sections of woodlands, thickets, prairies and meadows.
Throughout your adventure, your guide will share “secrets” and will point out artworks, galleries, landmarks and extraordinary leading-edge architecture viewed along the route.
Just A Few Of The “Secrets” On This High Line Tour (Shhh…Don’t Tell Anyone):
- The street below today’s High Line Park was once referred to as Death Avenue!
- The nearby seminary has a geothermal heating system which goes deeper into the earth than the Empire State Building is tall!
- The doomed RMS Titanic ocean liner was supposed to dock at the Chelsea Piers but only her survivors were actually brought there!
- Some of the world’s most famous celebrities party in a nightclub that straddles the High Line!
- Our My NY Tour guides know many more secrets of this area and we can’t wait to share them with you!
What To Expect:
Your leisurely 2-hour tour which spans the entire 1.45 mi. (2.33 km) High Line, begins with a walk through the treasured Chelsea Market located in the heart of the fashionable Meatpacking District. This fabulous culinary and shopping marketplace was once the home of Nabisco, world’s largest bakery and creator of the Oreo Cookie. Your guide will share the story of the former bakery and other neighborhood buildings, as well.
You’ll learn how the Meatpacking District, once a flurry of industry, ultimately fell into ruin becoming a dilapidated, drug-ridden, urban wasteland. Your guide will share the area’s remarkable history and transformation from a once seedy area to a chic, glamorous hotspot! You will be “WOWED” throughout your “Secrets of the High Line” tour experience. We’re confident that you will love the High Line…and you’re gonna LOVE this tour!
Tour Location & Additional Information:
Tours begin near the NW corner of W 15 St & 9 Av, outside of the Chelsea Market. The exact location will be provided upon ticket purchase. Tours are offered on both weekdays and weekends with a variety of start times to choose from. To view available dates/times for this tour on our events calendar, please click the BOOK NOW button.
High Line Park